Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Monday: Soyaki Salmon and Stirfry

**I kind of forgot I was doing this when I began making dinner so I didn't take the greatest pictures. I'll try harder for #2!

Last night was the first night of my 7 days of dinners. I made Soyaki (it's from Trader Joe's) Salmon with stirfry veggies that I bought at the farmer's market and brown rice.


Stir Fry Veggies
2 small bok choy (I used snow white)
3-5 stalks of chinese broccoli (you could use regular broccoli, too)
4 chinese long beans (these are like really long string beans, so you could use those or more stir-fry traditional snow peas)
1 carrot (I used a yellow one)
1 japanese or chinese eggplant (they're small!)
Water chestnuts (as much or as little as you like)
1 inch of ginger, cut into thin slices

In a large skillet, heat about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add in about 1/2 of your ginger slices to perfume and flavor the oil. Cut your veggies in similar sized pieces. When it is REALLY hot, add in all the veggies and then turn the heat down about 1/4 of the way. I did not add the veggies in stages because the greens off the broccoli and the bok choy are pretty thick and benefitted from the cooking time. Cook them until they are tender, spending lots of time stirring.



Soyaki Salmon
1/4 cup Soyaki (obviously, if you didn't have this you could use regular teriyaki sauce and it would be fine!)
2 portions of salmon

Marinade the salmon in your sauce for as long as you can for no more than about 1 hour. Heat up a pan and place your salmon in and cook until finished! If you want, the ginger oil adds an extra little something for the fish as well!

And, of course, while you're making all of this, cook your brown rice according to package directions!


I served this meal in bowls all piled on top of each other. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment