Friday, July 24, 2009

Garden Fresh Pizza

One of my neighbors has a lot of vegetables that she grows in her garden. Yesterday, she left a basket with 2 Japanese eggplants (aubergines), a bunch of tomatoes, a cucumber, and 2 green bell peppers. I knew I wanted to use the aubergine as soon as possible, and I still had some squash blossom to use. So, this pizza was born. Pretty simple, but it is delicious!

Garden Fresh Pizza
1/2 Japanese Eggplant
4 squash blossoms
1/4 cup broccoli
1 pizza dough
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
1/8 cup crumbed goat cheese
1/4 cup pizza sauce

How to prepare the Japanese eggplant
You have to salt eggplant to get rid of the bitterness. However, Japanese eggplants are a little different, and it works better if you soak them in salted water after you slice them up. Slice them in thin circles, then dump them in the salted water, and allow the water to turn kind of a brownish color. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes for these little guys.


Build your pizza: sauce, cheeses, veggies. Cook according to your dough directions, and enjoy!
**I decided to tear up my squash blossoms to get a better distribution over the pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment