Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Lemon Rosemary Roasted Salmon

My parents went to Canada in July and brought back a ton of fish that they caught and froze. I have had it for a bit now and I have not found the time or occasion to cook it - until last night. It was perfect. I'm sorry I don't have my usual array of images, but I didn't even think about it until I was done, and this was too delicious to pass up.

Lemon Rosemary Roasted Salmon
1 portion of skin-on salmon per person
1/4 leek per person, chopped in half moons
1 lemon, sliced to cover the lemon, plus some of its juice
2-3 sprigs of rosemary
salt and pepper
**Preheat the oven to 400

Heat up an oven safe pan with olive oil, and place the salmon skin side down into the oil. Add the salt and pepper, then rosemary with the lemon slices on top. Sprinkle the leeks around the salmon.
Let the skin cook for about 5 minutes, then put the salmon, pan and all, into the oven for about 10-15 minutes. You can check the doneness of the salmon by flaking it with a fork on the thickest part and making sure that it is a more opaque pink.
Take the salmon out and remove it and the leeks from the pan, and put your freshly squeezed lemon juice on top. Serve with an appropriate side, such as roasted rosemary potatoes (see previous recipes!).

No comments:

Post a Comment