Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Meatball Soup

I had a bunch of veggies from the Farmer's Market that I wanted to use together, so I decided to make a soup out of it!

Market Fresh Meatball Soup

1 Box of chicken broth or stock
1 1/2 carrot
10-15 baby summer squashes
4 Sprigs of rosemary
4 sprigs of thyme
1/2 cup of broccoli florets
2 leaves of kale (per serving)
4 meatballs (per serving) **I used Trader Joes Turkey Meatballs, because I didn't have the means to make my own when I made this soup. Use your favorite kind or make your own!


Cooking your Soup
In a large pot, warm up a table spoon of oil. Add in your carrot and squash first, and let them soften a bit. Then add in your herbs and broccoli.
Don't add in your kale - place your prepped kale in the bottom of your bowl, and set aside. This is important so that you won't overcook it!
Add your stock to the soup and cook your meatballs however you need to. Once your soup is warm, ladle some hot soup on top of your kale, and cover so that it steams and cooks the kale. After this, serve up your soup and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment